Skip to main content
Day of Surgery
- It is important that you arrive promptly at the scheduled time.
- We encourage you to ask any questions you might have.
- Let the staff know of any special needs you might have.
- Bring a picture ID and insurance cards with you. Bring forms (pre-op orders, history and physical copies of labs and EKG) from your physician if requested.
- If you are taking prescription medications, bring your medications or a complete list of your medications, including the dosage and frequency.
- Arrange for a family member or friend to wait in the waiting room. You must have a responsible person to drive you home and make any necessary stops at the pharmacy after your surgery.
- Do not wear make-up.
- Valuables (i.e. all jewelry and money) should be left at home.
- You may wear glasses, but no contact lenses.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Click here to see instructions for care the day after your surgery.